Welcome to C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS)
AIMSCS,an Institute that envisages the coming together of the best of minds in the fields of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science and working in an enabling environment.
It is a model in cooperation with emphasis on Synergy of efforts in problem solving.
AIMSCS is headed by a Director of International fame and reputation with outstanding faculty drawn in equal proportions from the fields of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
AIMSCS main purpose is to:
- To promote research and advanced studies in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
- To conduct, Promote, Carry out research and advanced study in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
- To encourage talented students both rural and urban to pursue professional and research careers in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- To support the application of research and training in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science to other fields.
- To honor those who have made significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
Institute named after C.R. Rao
C.R. Rao Advanced Institute for Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (C.R.Rao AIMSCS) is named after Professor C R Rao,FRS as an honour ,for his outstanding achievements. The Institute, located in the campus of the University of Hyderabad, plays an important role in improving the quality of teaching, encouraging basic research in mathematical and social sciences and promoting applications of science and technology in all areas of human endeavor.
Centres of Excellence in Research Activities
The Institute has initiated action to create six different Centres of Excellence in the following areas to carry out Research, Development, Consultancy and Training:
a. Centre of Excellence in Mathematical Sciences
Mathematics, Statistics and Discrete mathematics with applications in Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical and Biological Sciences.
b. Centre of Excellence in Statistics
Planning and Programme Implementation and Statistical Data Base (Simulation , Modeling, Quality Data etc.,)
c. Centre of excellence in Signal Processing, Cryptography and Computer Science
To work in the areas that cover national security
d. Centre of Excellence in Computational Genomics To accelerate research in Bio-Technology, with the aim of increasing food production and to provide better health care to the people for the welfare of the people.